Sunday, June 11, 2006

European SEM, Can You Please Explain This?

At the SES show here in London recently, Bob Ivins of Comscore showed two sets of statistics that I found very interesting:

Percent of online population using search
U.S. = 86%
Europe = 90%

Searches Per Searcher
U.S. = 44/month
UK = 65/month
Germany = 72/month
France = 73/month

While I think I understand why more European internet users use search (answer = more broadband), I'm not sure why they perform more searches on a monthly basis. Anyone from the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, etc care to respond? My only guess is that because Google has so much more marketshare in all major European countries than in the U.S., their faster search experience leads to more searches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google Analytics Alternative