Thursday, February 07, 2008

Boycotting Berkeley via Facebook


You've probably read about the City of Berkeley city council's decision to declare the Marine recruiting center "uninvited and unwelcome intruders"; if not, read the SJ Mercury's coverage.

While I'm not surprised given how wacked out and out of touch Berkeley has become, I'm certainly not gonna let the soldiers my elected officials have put in harms way *on my behalf* be disrespected by any city. To that end I've started a Facebook ad campaign targeting all ~2M California Facebook members and whose goal is to encourage a boycott of the City of Berkeley. Interestingly, I've had 42 clicks on 21,000 impressions since launching the campaign... 7 minutes ago.

My daily budget is set to $200 and any contributions by like-minded readers to the running of this campaign are greatly appreciated. Here's my campaign landing page.

Please join me in boycotting the City of Berkeley and showing 100% solidarity with the Marines that our elected officals deploy; the democratic ideal allows no less. And if you really have to go to Berkeley, let me know and I'll FedEx you a sweet new Marine 503rd Airborne grey t-shirt (3 XL & 2 L's available) & blue hat if you promise to wear it in Berkeley.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Couldn't agree more with you, Chris! But you should have posted the Facebook url... What is it?
Cheers, Daniel

7:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google Analytics Alternative