Friday, February 10, 2012

If The Digital Ad Ecosystem Were The Stock Market

My blog readers are mostly either online advertisers, ad agencies and technology firms on the one hand, or investors (angels, VC's, institutional investors and sell-side analysts) on the other. Fitting, then, that I show you this infographic
from competitive ad targeting startup Pretarget comparing the online advertising ecosystem to that of the stock market. Much has been said about how marketing is becoming math and marketers are looking more like quant hedge fund geeks every day, but this is the most detailed mapping of that meme I've seen yet.


Pretarget deserves a look, by the way, for all you sales managers who, like Omniture back in the hey-day of the analytics wars, believed in going after the competition's customers.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I’d have got to talk to you here. Which isn’t some thing I do! I love reading a post that can make people feel. Also, appreciate your allowing me to comment!
Dubai Audit

11:36 PM

 
Blogger Obat Herbal said...

I c4n see th4t y0u 4re putting 4 l0ts 0f eff0rts int0 y0ur bl0g. Keep p0sting the g00d w0rk.S0me re4lly helpful inf0rm4ti0n in there. B00km4rked. Nice t0 see y0ur site. Th4nks! glutera

9:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys present there are performing an excellent job. MRC SEO consulting

12:54 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I think this is a charming issue, I expect you would surely post on it again sometime near the future. Thanks guys!Businessman Mark Curry

10:03 PM

 
Blogger Hill said...

We’ve been stumbling around the internet and found your blog along the way.

We love your work! What a great corner of the internet :)

Wade Cockfield

4:37 AM

 
Blogger valeriesummers said...

Hello its nice reading your post. we are from Search Paladin

9:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google Analytics Alternative